Abondoned Beauty

Abondoned Beauty
The infamous "Gray House" of Red Hook

Monday, February 15, 2010

Platinum

I’m not saying hip hop shouldn’t have ever went platinum. I’m saying there’re other ways out of the hood than rapping. Like taking action, being classy and actually going to classes.

So listen fools and losers, kids listen to your music. Stop selling drugs on the mic and being their bad influence. Representing a life that they can’t have without a nuisance.

If you got talent then use it, to kids it’s confusing, because their moms are telling them something and you’re telling them something…stupid.
At first I understand the, “Beast” was trying to sick you, but I beg and plead don’t take the projects with you. I don’t get you, I’m not saying forget where you’re from. That’s dumb. I’m from Red Hook where you gotta be crook and thug and sell drugs ok I see but since you made it out so why be you so grimey?
If the hood are your people then why leave them condemned.

Aren’t they the ones that showed you love and support. You’re off living the good life loving your tour. Let’s take a look at the projects that you blame the government for. You think republicans gave you that gun to run in the store?

No, you created your own “Beast” and trapped yourselves on your own streets. For some reason you’re thinking that nonsense rules. Did you know they have great teachers in project schools. I’m tired of hearing about your logic of cops in blues, it’s impossible cuz they have a job to do too. So if you think how you’re spitting or how you’re living is cool, to me you’re just criminal ripping my youth. I could care less if you’re a crip in all blue or blood in all red because all in all we’re all dead, cuz you taught our future to sell drugs and bust led.

The only led I bust is in my pencils, from writing so hard I get blisters between my thumb and middle fingers from written scriptures of wisdom or religion hoping the kids listen. To me the best M.C’s were Jesus and Ghandi and the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him.

Some of it’s worse than Osama Bin Laden terrorizing the children’s minds when you preach that nonsense. You’re garbage is a nuclear weapon. Musicians need to step up and question. Don’t commercialize for us who were born with this present, and if you do commercialize it, at least do so with a message.

Thank You,
Michael Cruz

1 comment:

  1. Wrote this a while ago but it fits.

    I gotta ask the question is this the American dream
    Streets stained red for the love of the green
    Did the founding fathers ever think a revolver
    would be the way kids choose to solve the
    Problems that arise on the play ground
    or SEX LIES and VIOLENCE would be the sound
    of a generation killing just to live
    and if they ain't dead they out doing a bid
    so many fathers out there abandoning there kids
    maybe cause they never grew up and are still just kids
    sounds like I'm sounding off
    nah I'm just rounding off
    the problems we face today is more than i can say
    I'm trying to understand how a nation still stands
    while its foundations are shaken
    are we mistaken
    now they screaming we want change
    and he saying we gonna change
    but I'm just seeing the range
    of past promises broken
    while I'm hoping this banner Obama is toting
    will open the doors and change will reach my shores

    ReplyDelete